Scour Anti-Spam Policy
We are very excited to have you as a member, and that you are ready to tell your friends about us. Below are some simple guidelines to help guide your invites to the right people. These guidelines also help us to avoid spam complaints.
A simple rule to follow when sending invites: If you feel that the email recipient may not be interested, or may flag your Scour invite, please don't send it.
What kinds of email addresses are OK to send Scour invites to?
- Only send to email recipients to whom you have had previous email exchanges with.
- Only invite customers, friends or family members, who you have contacted within the last 3 years.
- For site owners, you can send invites to your website visitors; however, you must have previously notified them that they would be receiving emails from you.
- For business contacts, please only contact email recipients who are familiar with you.
What kinds of email addresses are NOT OK to send through Scour?
In addition to the guidelines above, you agree not to import or send to any email addresses which:
- You do not have explicit, provable permission to contact.
- You bought, loaned, rented or in any way acquired from a third party. We require you to obtain permission yourself.
- You haven't contacted via email in the last 3 years.
- You found on the web and copy and pasted into your address book.
- Would consider your invite as Spam.
We will know if you don't have permission to send to a recipient.
Scour monitors invite emails to ensure you comply with our anti-spam policy. Here are a couple of ways:
- Our software is directly integrated into the spam reporting systems for some of the biggest ISP's like Hotmail and AOL. If you are identified as a spammer, your account will lose emailing privileges.
- Our team verifies all large lists sent through Scour. Whenever we notice any suspicious behavior, your account will be flagged for review.
If you have any questions about our Anti-Spam Policy, or if you want to report spamming activity by one of our customers, please contact our abuse department at: email@example.com